Thursday, March 10, 2011

MY SIDE OF THE STORY.....

As most of you know, I (Layla) was in the ER twice in one week! I've been soooo sick. Mommy and Papa have been so scared.

I started coughing last Thursday and Friday, Friday night I got even worse, and kept Mommy and Papa up all night. By Saturday morning I wasn't breathing right, so Mommy called my Dramma over, and when she got to my house, she said Mommy should call my doctor to see what they should do. My doctor told Mommy to take me to ER right away.

I didn't like the ER at all!!! They did an x-ray, really suctioned my little nose, and did a nebulizer treatment. They said I have RSV!! I stayed the night at my Dramma's on Saturday night like always and kept her up because I still wasn't breathing right. They next day when Mommy and Papa came to get me, they got scared again cause the nebulizer treatments weren't helping. So Mommy called my doctor again and he said I was fine and to do back to back nebulizers and said if I turned blue then take me back to the ER. Mommy, Dramma, and Papa didn't like that answer at all, but listened to him anyways.

I spent Monday with my Daddy and did ok....Monday night I kept Mommy up all night, cause she was so afraid to sleep while I was still not breathing right.

Tuesday morning Mommy woke me up and I was gasping for air, having barking coughs, and grunting! Mommy did 3 nebulizer treatments on me in 3 hours!!! Then called Dramma over. They both said they were not going to call my doctor and just take me straight to the ER.

Papa met Mommy, Dramma, and I there. Good thing Dramma was with us cause everyone knows her at the hospital so we got right in. There were so many nurses and PA's looking over me. I was so scared!! They started an I.V. and did another blood draw that hurt me so bad!! Mommy and Papa had to step out of the room cause they didn't want to see me in pain or get stuck with needles so my Dramma stayed in there will me while I screamed in pain.
They then put oxygen on me and did another nebulizer treatment.
And then the ER doc came in and said that he told my doctor that if he didn't ok that I stay in there that he would call another pediatrician cause I was real sick!! My doctor finally agreed and I went upstairs to the PEDS UNIT.

They gave me some medication, and more nebulizer treatments. I was so uncomfortable and so tired from trying so hard to breathe. Dramma stayed with us all day and I was so comfy in her arms so I slept on her chest most of the day while Mommy and Papa watched. Dramma decided to go get my brother BO, he was so scared for me. He stayed at Dramma's house for the night so he wasn't so scared.

By Tuesday night I was doing better than that morning...I fell asleep on Mommy's chest and slept there till 3:30am. Mommy stayed up till then to keep an eye on me while Papa slept on the pull out chair. The nurses were in and out checking out the monitors and giving me more medication and I did more nebulizer treatments. I was breathing so good. At 3:30am Papa took me in his arms and let Mommy get some sleep. I slept in his arms the rest of the night till Dramma came back in at 7am. Dramma held me till she had to go to work. At around 9 my doctor came in to check on me and said, "LAYLA LOOKS GREAT AND GETS TO GO HOME!!!!!" Mommy and Papa were so happy. When they told me the news, I whirled my arms and legs in the air and smiled so BIG!!!
When we got home I was in the best mood. Mommy let Papa sleep for a little and her and I watched TV and played!! I was so happy to be home!!!
My Aunt Bam Bam (Tammi) came over and got me a big stuffed caterpillar, my Dramma got me a really soft stuffed lamb, and my Dramma's doctor she works for got me a new book that talks to me and lights up!!! I can't tell you how excited I was to be HOME!!

I slept so good all night on Wednesday, Mommy got up every 4 hours to give me my nebulizer treatments and Papa fed me my BABA. Since I'm so contagious Mommy is staying home with me the rest of the week while Papa goes back to work.

TODAY I'M DOING SO GREAT!!! Barely wheezing...I've been playing and resting with my Mommy. I can't wait till my Papa comes home from work to play with me!!

So, that's my side of the story. Thank you everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. What a story Layla Lynn! Meme is so glad you are home now!! Meme is so happy Dramma is so close and can help you and love on you so so much!! You are a lucky girl!! Your Mommy and Papa did a great job, didn't they? You should be very proud of them for sure! I love you my little laylabug!! XOXOXOXO
    Meme

    ReplyDelete