Friday, July 2, 2010

Hello Again From Sunny California.....

We had some technical difficulties at my Aunt Kelley's in Chula Vista these last few days so this one is gonna be a long one...Last Tuesday Tegan and I journeyed to Venice Beach...Let me tell you...it was different haha....Tegan was very interested in seeing muscle beach, but no one was working out... Here, artist can legally spray paint the walls in Venice as long as they have a permit. We both thought the artwork was pretty sweet.OK so let me tell ya..There are more homeless people here than in Grand Junction I think...and they are CRAZY!!! This guy insisted we take a picture of him then pleaded we give him money..(I don't think so dude) Another homeless guy (sorry no picture...they don't let you take free pictures) had a sign that said, "Professional Zombie killer...need money for bullets...." I laughed so hard.
Here is some artwork from a local artist there.

After a bit of walking...Tegan and I did stop for lunch at a cute bar/restaurant..Surprisingly it was really tasty...Then we continued our walk.

Tegan and I did walk all the way to that board walk where people actually fish off. It was PACKED full of fisherman.
On our way back to the car, I spotted this cute little river with these bridges going across them..I thought they were super cute.
I was very anxious to get back to LA from that beach..TOO MANY WEIRDOS...haha
That night Tegan and I drove 2 hours to Chula Vista to stay at my Aunt Kelley's for a couple days. When we got there she surprised us with 2 days to SEA WORLD!!! WE were so excited!!!
Here are the cute dolphins

Sting Rays...which Tegan actually pet! I was too scared haha
Sea Lions...They are so Cute..They even had a show with them called SLL (SEA LIONS LIVE)
Which was this here....It was the cutest little show.


Next we walked over and saw the sharks...WHICH SCARE ME TO DEATH!
I was so excited to see the Polar bears..they are so adorable. This is the mama bear. She was located in the maternity den here. I was hoping to see a baby bear, but we were too early. Look how cute a big she is..
Tegan and I learned that Polar Bears live in holes like theses....
I can't remember what these were called..but they are so cute!
There were only 2 rides in Sea World and I insisted to Tegan that he ride this one....It was a roller coaster/water ride. He was soaked when he got off...see him in the front row?
And now drenched in water hahaha
We didn't get to see the SHAMUU SHOW...they only had a few showings (which we kept missing) since they were having problems with deaths and such...but we did get a few pictures of the whales
This show was AWESOME!!! It was called Cirque de la Mer. It was with acrobatics in the ocean and on land...really funny and really fun to watch.
This was their stage that they did flips and twists and whatever else they were doing into the water.
Tegan and I both had never seen Flamingos in real life before till Wednesday haha

We spent a long first day in Sea World...Tomorrow I will share more pics and more adventuring we did in Chula Vista and San Diego! Now it's time to relax in the pool hehehehe......

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! Love, love, all the pictures... especially Tegan coming down the water ride! Great capture. So nice of Aunt Kelley to hook you up with Sea World tickets. My friend Julie's daughter, Kristin, trained with Dawn, the girl who died at Orlando Sea World. Kristin still loves her job and says Dawn would say it was all her own fault and wouldn't blame the whale that took her under... such a sad story for everyone involved their in Orlando. The show now is dedicated to Dawn. I will share new pics I just got of Kristin with her whales. Sounds like you are having a great time there in Cali...but if you are moving anywhere ... it's HERE!!! Love you guys! I will be watching for more!

    ReplyDelete